December Go List: 25 Best Things to Do in New Jersey for the Holidays
Now that the turkey has been stuffed, carved, and eaten, it’s time to look forward to Christmas. With Thanksgiving coming so late, the holiday season is already in full swing. New Jersey kids are so lucky; there are so many activities and events. The only problem is there isn’t enough time! Get your calendars out and choose something fun from these 25 best holiday 2013 activities.
- Step back in time and experience a colonial Christmas at the Jacob Vanderveer House
- Experience the Victorian world of Oliver at the Papermill Playhouse
- Help Macy’s raise funds for Make-A-Wish by attending a presentation of Yes, Virginia, The Musical in Jersey City
- Join Santa for a train ride and story at the New Jersey Museum of Transportation
- Marvel at the workmanship at the 200+ structures at Frelinghuysen Arboretum’s Gingerbread Wonderland
- Watch Santa arrive in New Jersey via helicopter at Teterboro Airport
- Meet a live penguin at the Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center
- Enjoy the timeless story of Rudolph at the fantastic Growing Stage Theater
- Eat breakfast with Santa and his friends, and play all day at Sahara Sam’s Water Park
- Celebrate a 1920s Christmas at Fosterfield’s Living Historical Farm
- Choose your tree and view the living nativity at Holmdel’s Winter Wonderland
- Get into the spirit of Christmas with a lantern tour of historic Allaire Village
- Sing along with Annie—The Movie
- Treat the family to a performance of The Nutcracker at the Algonquin Arts Theatre
- Check out the holiday activities at Camden’s Adventure Aquarium
- See a holiday light show at the Turtle Back Zoo
- Have tea with Mrs. Claus at Parti-licious
- Learn about Kwanzaa at NJPAC
- Experience a horse and carriage ride around Red Bank
- Attend an excellent performance of A Christmas Carol at McCarter Theater
- Learn to make a gingerbread house at the Liberty Hall Museum in Union
- Join a Dr. Seuss classic at the How the Grinch Stole Lunch
- Get a Tchaikovsky fix and a Max & Ruby fix at the same time watching the bunny siblings star in The Nutcracker Suite.
- Go back in time and enjoy the holiday classic White Christmas at the Surflight Theater
- Attend the Casino Pier holiday party..NJ Strong!
So many wonderful activities…so little time…happy holidays!
- Fun Holiday Activities in New Jersey: The Mommy Poppins Guide
- Mostly Free & Fun Things To Do With NJ Kids This Weekend Dec 14-15: Christmas Express, Kwanzaa Festival, Santa Brunch & More!
- Mostly Free & Fun Things To Do With NJ Kids This Weekend Dec 7-8: Country Christmas, Santa Fly-In, Winter Bird Walk & More!
- Mostly Free & Fun Things To Do With NJ Kids This Weekend Dec 21-22: Christmas Lights, The Nutcracker, Solstice Hike & More!