December GoList: 25 Best Things to Do in New Jersey for the Holidays
Now that the turkey has been consumed, it’s time to look forward to Christmas, and Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve and all the fun that comes with them. The holiday season is already in full swing, and New Jersey kids have so many activities and events to choose from; the only problem is having enough time to get to them all! So get your calendars out and choose something fun from our 25 favorite 2015 holiday activities in NJ.
- Step back in time and experience a colonial Christmas at the Jacob Vanderveer House
- Catch a classic in musical form at a fave MP venue: A Christmas Story at Paper Mill Playhouse.
- Add a little light to your Christmas music, with the Laser Holiday Magic show at the NJ State Museum.
- Celebrate at a Chanukah Carnival.
- Marvel at the workmanship at the 200+ structures at Frelinghuysen Arboretum’s Gingerbread Wonderland
- Watch the NJ Ballet's Nutcracker at Mayo Performing Arts Center
- Pick one of the fab FREE holiday events in NJ this year
- Enjoy the Forces of Nature Dance Theatre in a Kwanzaa Celebration
- Eat a Big Buffet Breakfast with Santa at iPlay America
- See Santa turn on the lights at Storybook Land
- Choose your tree at one of NJ's wonderful Christmas Tree Farms
- Get into the spirit of Christmas with a lantern tour of historic Allaire Village
- Experience the 38th Annual Festival of Trees
- Treat the family to a performance of The Nutcracker at the Algonquin Arts Theatre
- Check out the holiday activities at Camden’s Adventure Aquarium
- See a holiday light show at the Turtle Back Zoo
- Give back: Volunteer with your family.
- Bring your best buddy to Reeves-Reed Arboretum for their annual Teddy Bear Tea
- Experience a horse and carriage ride around Red Bank
- Attend an excellent performance of A Christmas Carol at McCarter Theater
- Learn to make a gingerbread house at the Liberty Hall Museum in Union
- Hear the Definitely Dickens Christmas Carolers in beautiful downtown Chester
- Dance at A Perfect Winter Princess Ball
- Bounce around with Santa and his elves
- Celebrate the last day of December (and 2015) with your kids!
So many wonderful activities…so little time…happy holidays!